Sr Full Stack Software Engineer (React / Python)
Who we are:
LifeDojo is on a mission to reverse the global epidemic of chronic disease by fundamentally reinventing how digital health improvement programs are delivered through companies, healthcare systems, schools and communities. We are turning the traditional medical model upside down and giving the end-user complete control to design their health habit journey. Founded in 2013, LifeDojo has earned the trust of the world’s largest companies and, together, we are having a huge impact on healthcare costs, productivity, and inspiring a genuine culture of health.
We are seeking an experienced developer and leader with a strong background in React who can help drive our full-stack engineering effort, and lead the development of new products and features for the LifeDojo platform. The selected candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing and building scalable, highly-performant, and innovative software. Some key areas of focus will be to:
- Be very hands-on. Design and build end-to-end software solutions with a strong UI focus.
- Coach, develop and mentor junior developers, and help recruit and empower a high-performing team of technical talent.
- Partner closely with our CTO, VP of Product, and Engineering Manager to plan, size, and scope new products & features.
- Own development tasks, conduct code reviews, and help manage cross-team dependencies.
- Drive efficient and effective processes and tools for development, testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with React Native and iOS or Android development.
- 2+ years in a senior technical role.
- Proven track record of delivering highly-performant and scalable software solutions, and commitments to customers.
- Demonstrable knowledge and implementation of modern 3rd party tools, frameworks and APIs (both open-source and paid) to drive efficiency, performance and robustness to our software solutions.
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications.
- Experienced in a collaborative fast-paced agile development environment.
- Excellent communication skills; superior organizational and analytical skills.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other Technical Discipline or equivalent professional experience.
Why work here?
If solving behavior change in order to alleviate human suffering gets you jazzed to go to work every day then LifeDojo is the place for you. We are uniquely focused on creating an inspiring, supportive, transparent culture where ideas, discussion, debate and genuine trust thrive. As a wellbeing company we also believe that the healthier and happier you are the better able you will be to excel in your role. We work hard yet maintain a belief that we must also tend to all aspects of our complex lives. Expect to be encouraged to put your physical, mental and emotional health first!Compensation and Benefits:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Office environment designed to support your overall wellbeing
LifeDojo is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.